Top Reasons Why Should Become
a Structural Engineer
What is engineering? Well, we can say; making things happen is engineering. It’s a great field to work. I am going to talk about Structural Engineers. Well, they are a part of the engineering community. Engineers are here to make things happen. In other words, they make our lives easier. Anyway, becoming an engineer is not a piece of cake. I mean, you have to work hard for it for 5-6 years. Is it worthwhile spending 5-6 years of your life to become a Structural Engineer? The answer to the question is yes. I will explain it in details.
* What are you? I am a Structural Engineer. You can say it to anyone proudly. More than that, it’s for your self-satisfaction. You play a bigger role in designing safe buildings, bridges, structures, and so on. The decisions and calculations you do save thousands of lives in the long run. Self-satisfaction is a great feeling. You are a part of something great. It is a pride feeling. It is safe to say that the demand for engineers and doctors will hit the sky in the next few decades. Your job as a Structural Engineer is secured so.
* Career opportunities: The world is developing at a rapid rate. More and more buildings, skyscrapers, bridges, and structures will fill the world. So, the demand for mechanical engineers, Structural Engineers, and civil engineers will go up. When you learn something productive, you will feel secure about your future. Get experience, and you can go up to the supervisor position. More reputation, more money, but less work then. You study science and mathematics for 4-5 years in school and your degree program. Becoming an engineer is a great way to make use of (apply) what you studied for years. Some job fields are there you can’t do it.
* It is not boring: Every project is new work. People often complain about their jobs – my job is boring. But the engineers don’t say it. As a Structural Engineer, you w
ork as a part of a team of professionals. The feeling you get when working with a team of professionals is a great one. It all adds up and give you job satisfaction. You will never get bored with your job as a Structural Engineer.
* You can improve yourself: It will make you a creative thinker. It will improve your problem-solving skills. You will realize it later after you work as a Structural Engineer for a few years – the job has made you a better person in several ways. You don’t get that benefit in many fields. Well, don’t get me wrong. I am not criticizing other job fields.
* Girls like engineers: It is a well-known fact that girls love to date engineering boys. On the Internet, you can find many articles on why should you date an engineer. It is a hot topic so. Marrying a lady and becoming a family is the ultimate goal of any man in the world. Being a Structural Engineer is a plus mark when it comes to finding your dream girl. I came across this article on the Internet, and it proves my point 100%
Great, I hope you have made the decision already. Good luck so!