A Moving Timeline By Cheap Movers Melbourne
Getting ready for the big moving day? Whether it’s a town to town move or an interstate move, you will have to do many things over the next few weeks. A lot goes into moving, and that’s why Cheap Movers Melbourne is here to guide you. Today, we are giving you a moving timeline to plan your move easier. We are experts in house moving so you can rely on our advice. Let’s begin the journey.
* 8-10 weeks before the move day: Contact Cheap Movers Melbourne and arrange an on-site visit. One of our representatives will visit your premises and analyze everything carefully to give you an accurate quote. Now it’s the right time to collect the boxes for the move, but we provide quality packing supplies for a reasonable price. Anyway, if you book us for a full-service package, then everything is covered in the package. Inform your employer about the move (if you are quitting work there.)
* 6-8 weeks before the move day: It’s the right time to start decluttering the house. Keep what will go into the new house and get rid of all the junks. If you are moving into a smaller house, then you will have to donate some of the items you have. Cheap Movers Melbourne provide storage facilities, and our well-maintained storage unit will be the safest place for your extra items. Donating extra items is a sensible thing to do. Anyway, never donate items that are in unusable condition. Also, you can arrange all your important records such as medical, school, insurance, and so on.
* 4-6 weeks before the move day: Many items are there that you won’t need between now and the move. Start packing these items to lower the workload (seasonal items, holiday decorations, and so on.) Now it’s the right time to inform the post office regarding the address change. Contact utility companies (some utility companies take only 48 hours to transfer the services though.) Cheap Movers Melbourne tip: If you are buying the house, then change the services to your name. Electricity, water, gas, sewer, and trash pickup are the common utility services.
* 2-4 weeks before the move: Contact other utility services such as the Internet, cable TV, and telephone. Change the address of credits cards, magazine subscriptions, and cell phones.
* 1-2 weeks before the move: Contact Cheap Movers Melbourne and confirm all the details. Now it’s the right time to start packing. Pack whatever you can that you won’t need between now and move day. Inform family and friends regarding the address change.
* 2-3 days before the move day: Now the pressure is going up. Anyway, don’t stress out. You have hired Cheap Movers Melbourne. Clean your new home (you can DIY it or get a professional cleaning service.) Don’t wait until the move day to clean the new house. You should have finished packing most of the items by now. Mark each box with clear instructions. Pack a move day survival kit (everything you will need on the first day in the new house.)
* The big day: Contact Cheap Movers Melbourne and confirm arrival time and address. We try our best to be on time. Keep your kids and pets settled, so we can start our job as soon as we arrived at your premises.
That’s it. Anyway, if you DIY the move, then it’s going to be a hectic day.