Cheap Movers Melbourne: How To Move A Heavy Safe
Many items are there that anybody finds difficult to move. Pool tables, pianos, oversized sofas, and fish tanks are the best examples. Wait, is that all? How about your safe? Well, portable safes are easily movable. Some houses and almost every office have monster safes that are very hard to move. These safes are very heavy, and your items are well-protected inside even from fires. The weight and the size of a safe discourage thieves to carry it with them.
If your safe is portable, just take with you in your car. I am giving you some tips for moving a heavy safe, but make sure you call Cheap Movers Melbourne to move your monster safe (always.) Never try to move a heavy safe with your friends or family members. Taking a heavy safe down the step is a very dangerous task, and it can even cause death. Let’s begin with tip 1.
1) Again I must say; don’t move heavy safes yourself. Hire professionals from Cheap Movers Melbourne. A monster safe is not a joke. Well, you may have a tight budget for your relocation, but you can’t afford to get injured (even die) by moving the safe yourself. So, you must make the right decision. Don’t put yours and your friend’s lives at risk by making the wrong decision.
2) Right equipment: The professionals use dollies to lift and carry heavy items. You definitely going to need it, so get it from somewhere. Depending on the size of your safe, get a dolly for rent. You can’t load your big safe into your car, so hire a truck/van.
3) Clothing and footwear: Recently, we moved into a new house, and the movers transported the safe for us. I asked them about the clothing they wear for house moving. They never wear baggy wears and no jewelry. Wear grippy gloves so you won’t lose the grip on it. Also, wear safety boots (workers boots.)
4) Watch out the floor and walls: Wrap a thick blanket around the safe. A heavy safe is like an enormous hammer (if you knock it on a wall, be ready to get the damage fixed.) Never drag it along the carpet or floor. That’s why I said you need a dolly.
5) Emptying the safe: It’s a good idea to empty the safe before moving it. Well, if you have only light items such as bank notes and paperwork; you can move it with the items in it. OK, if you have many heavy items inside doubling the weight, consider removing them first. Well, if you plan to remove items in the safe, make sure you find a place to keep those items safely first. Anyway, before moving your safe; Cheap Movers Melbourne professionals will confirm whether any items are inside the safe.
6) Just one step at a time: Going down the stairs needs extra safety measures (with the safe on the dolly.) Well, the professionals I hired from Cheap Movers Melbourne only take one step at a time. They communicate well with each other when moving it. Make sure your kids and pets are not around.
7) You need a ramp to load the safe into the vehicle. Once you reach the next destination, you should follow the same steps again.
Summary: Right, the tips in the article are just for your reference. Always hire Cheap Movers Melbourne to move your monster safe. It’s not all about the muscle strength. You and your friends don’t have the necessary experience to move it safely.