Comparing web designers is difficult like comparing Apples to Apples. Everybody claims to provide an outstanding service, but not all would do. How can you choose the right Web Design Sri Lanka company that will get all crucial factors right for you? Over the past few years, the number of web designers in our country skyrocketed with the increase in demand for online buying/selling.
Google.lk will give you about 1,760,000 search results for the keywords, “Web Design Sri Lanka.” Anyway, only 10 or a few more websites can get ranked on the first search page. Should you worry about the page that the web designer is on Google? Well, since we don’t talk about SEO here; the web designer you are considering can appear on any search page (first five maybe.)
Why would you look for a new web designer? Maybe you plan to launch a new online business, or your current web designer isn’t doing anything good for you. No matter the reason, you should do your online research and find a top-class Web Design Sri Lanka company. Comparing apples to apples is difficult, but you can train yourself to spot the differences. Below is a list of things to consider:
1) A Conversion-Oriented Design: Before the era of SEO, web designers and business owners didn’t pay much attention to conversions. A colorful website with ample of graphics was the trend a few years back. But, then, the SEO changed everything, including the way that we should design websites. Increased user-friendliness is focused more today than the design and colors. Of course, graphics and colors affect the overall user-friendliness, so we can’t avoid them. But, a conversion-oriented design focuses more on convincing potential customers to buy what you sell online. Easy navigation, responsiveness, quality content, and page layout are the factors to focus on here.
A top-class Web Design Sri Lanka company has an idea of the strategies, design, and elements to include that will resulting in a perfect conversion-oriented design. In summary, an effective web design is beyond visual appeal. Search engines don’t rank your website for its colors and graphics. Colors and graphics come last when ranking a website.
2) Their track record: A proven track record is a sign that the web designer or the company you are considering worth hiring. You can get an idea of their service by visiting the portfolio page. Well, any Web Design Sri Lanka company can fill their portfolio page with hundreds of sample websites. Spend a few more seconds to witness where those websites are ranked on Google. Also, open the website link and go through the pages. Some web designers fill the portfolio pages with sample pictures of websites. Also, some sample websites don’t even exist on the Internet now. Lying to you at this stage is a sign that they would do the same after you pay them money.
Don’t make the big decision just by going through screenshots of sample websites. As mentioned, spend a few more seconds to confirm whether those are fully-functioning websites.
3) Service history: No Web Design Sri Lanka company can survive in this highly-competitive market for long if they don’t provide a good service. “Web agencies seem to come and go in the blink of an eye,” well, we came across this statement on a great post about web designing. Yes, web designers and companies come and go sooner than they should be. Almost every web designers and companies proudly mention their service history on the website to prove their longevity.
Why do some web designers can’t keep their status in the web design industry? Well, this industry is an ever-changing one and technologies change rapidly, making it difficult to hold on. So, only the ones that have started an agency with a clear picture would survive for long. In other words, they don’t just design websites for the sake of doing it. It is their passion. You should hire a web designer who has over five years.
4) Their in-house team: Well, this fact is applicable to if you look for a Web Design Sri Lanka company, not a freelance designer. Of course, you can expect more from the design company today. The full-service company concept has become the latest trend. In other words, the agency provides other services such as IT, SEO, Social Media Marketing, and so on. Time and money save in the long run are the top benefits of hiring a full-service agency.
Is the agency you are considering have employed a fully-qualified team? Well, you should meet the agency in person to get an idea of it. Talking with them face-to-face is a great way to understand their professionalism. If the agency you are considering is a full-service Web Design Sri Lanka agency that provides every service in digital marketing; make sure they have employed SEO experts, web designers, web developers, content writers, and so on. A qualified team takes every essential step to make you a winner in your industry. Trust your intuition here. In summary, meeting them face-to-face is essential to get the big picture.
5) Customized services: If they introduce you some fixed packages and convince you to order one from it; don’t hire them. Well, you can request them a customized package that will fulfill your specific requirements. If they say, “sorry, sir! We don’t offer customized packages;” run away from them. The “one package fits for all” trend is long gone now. The service provider should change their ways to match clients’ needs. Anyway, you should have a budget in your mind that you can afford for the Web Design Sri Lanka company. Your budget will help the web designer or the company to tailor their service accordingly.
Quality web designers and companies respect every budget. Of course, you can’t get a quality website done for just 1000 rupees today. The higher your budget, the more the designing company can do for you.
Wrapping up: Don’t hire an agency that outsources some parts of the job to outside companies. Anyway, freelance web designers can work with freelance content writers. Also, don’t look for a Web Design Sri Lanka company that will design a business website for 1000 rupees. Web designing is not expensive, but not cheap either.
Contact us today and book your time for a sit-down meeting with our expert design team!