What does IT support and assistance mean? Everything about the IT technology you are using: slow-running computers, error messages, email management, printer issues, using installed software, consulting for the next hardware or software purchase, tips on expanding or modifying the network, hosting the website , IT security or other issues that may arise in managing an IT infrastructure.
The consultancy profession has diversified and branched a lot lately, and the rapid and continuous evolution of technologies has helped create the need for skilled people to provide IT expertise.
Thus, the IT consultant:
- He / she knows and is constantly concerned about the in-depth understanding of the activities carried out in the organization, how they can be sustained and developed through appropriate IT & C solutions. These solutions are specially designed and adapted and will be based on the organization’s work requirements, the expected performance, at acceptable cost and time.
- Participates in the design / redesign of technical support for the most complex problems of the computer system;
- Transposes or participates in translating processes from the organization into IT & C requirements and specifications;
- It develops detailed recommendations for IT support of critical or complex activities or key points of the IT system.
- Evaluates the extent to which new technologies proposed meet user requirements;
- Evaluates risks related to data, software and equipment security;
- Has the ability to study, understand, understand and analyze technological trends in the IT & C industry; is an expert in the field; works in team with other experts to select, adapt, design, integrate the most convenient IT & C solutions.
- Apply the IT & C technical standards in place to address the organization’s specific requirements as they result from the activities identified for it.
- Designing solutions for adapting programs / applications and possibly existing equipment (along with application developers and hardware specialists) so that new IT & C or modified and tailored solutions ensure increased performance of the organization (better products or services, labor productivity greater, better working conditions, simplified operations and work, etc.).
- It establishes solutions, procedures, techniques for the proper functioning and correct use of computers, peripheral equipment and communications, which represents the support of complex applications / components / systems.
- Collaborates with all the functional departments of the organization, providing assistance in the use of information technologies in the current work of components with a high degree of difficulty; is aware of the real hardware and software requirements and necessities of each compartment and their current degree of coverage and support;
- Informs users (employees, leadership) about new facilities, configurations, technologies, products and the use of which could improve the quality of the products and / or services that are the subject of the organization’s activity.
- Organize training sessions for users, according to the new technological solutions implemented or to be implemented for components with a high degree of difficulty;
- It makes technical offers for any of the activities mentioned, according to the requirements of the specifications or the terms of reference.