Wedding Videography Melbourne: Questions to ask your videographer
As a couple who knows the value of Wedding Videos, you are keen to contact Wedding Videography Melbourne. When choosing the videographer, you must at least meet 3-4 videographers in person. Like the photographer, your videographer will be following you on the big day. So, meeting him “face to face” is important to determine whether your personalities match. In other words, you should like their style. OK, let’s imagine you contacted Wedding Videography Melbourne, and they arranged a sit-down meeting with your videographer. What should you ask him? Few important questions are there to ask him so you can find the right one for you. Let’s begin with question 1.
1) Your experience?: How long have you been shooting weddings? Top-class Wedding Videography Melbourne employ well-experienced videographers to capture the weddings. Experience is not always the number of years in the industry. How many weddings has he covered? Have you heard about prodigies? The videographers you are talking may be a prodigy. So, he may not have a long history in the industry. But he may be the best of all.
2) What’s your style?: As you already know, many Wedding Videos styles are there in the industry now. What is your preferred style? OK, let’s assume it as storytelling. Make sure that he can capture your wedding in storytelling style. If he is not a champion in creating storytelling footages, what is the point of hiring him?
3) Have you met our photographer before?: The videographer and photographer work closely on a wedding day. If they haven’t met before, you can suggest a meeting. They should be open to meet each other. If not, they will be fighting over the best angles.
4) Do you know about our venues?: A videographer from a reputable Wedding Videography Melbourne may have worked in every reception venue in Melbourne. If he hasn’t worked at your reception venues, ask him to visit the venues with you. A videographer who is familiar with your venues knows all the best angles and lighting to capture your wedding in perfect style. It’s a big advantage for you. OK, he might charge you a bit extra for visiting the venues with you, but it’s never going to be a waste.
5) Your equipment?: You don’t expect him to use the world’s best video camera. Anyway, you can ask about the equipment he will be using on the wedding day. About the camera, lighting, microphones, and so on.
6) How long do you take to deliver the final feature film?: He will provide you the raw footage soon. Also, you can ask for a highlight video soon after the wedding. Reputable Wedding Videography Melbourne firms cover hundreds of wedding every year, so your final feature film can take months to come to you. Have patience so. Also, ask about the number of copies you will be getting.
7) Can I suggest the music?: Yes, you can, most of the time. Wedding Videography Melbourne videographers are very flexible about the music so you can suggest. OK, situations are there your selection might ruin the footage. In such cases, your videographer will explain it to you. He is a professional, so you better be sensible to trust what he says.
Summary: OK, these are the questions to ask from a videographer. You know about asking the prices, so I didn’t mention it here. Good luck with your selection.